Saturday, July 27, 2013

Perfect Chicken

Last night, I made chicken. I stuffed 4 large chicken breasts with sauteed onions, mushrooms, garlic, spinach and scallions. It was AWFUL. The flavors should have been good, but the chicken was SO dry! It was so awful that I threw my leftovers, meant for lunch, away. I never throw out food. So, for redemption, today I made perfect chicken.

This recipe was shared with me and I tweaked it just a bit. Cooking times will always vary depending on breast size (laugh like a school boy, it's ok). And you can change up some of the seasonings for different flavor. This is just my go-to. But I ALWAYS cook my chicken like this. Except for last night... and I'm regretting it. 

PERFECT CHICKEN:
Ingredients:
1lb chicken breast (pictured is only 1.5 breasts)
Olive oil (for pan coating)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder

(for real, I just sprinkle them all evenly. But some people like measurements.)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°. Coat an oven safe skillet in olive oil (you can use coconut oil as well, but I don't recommend anything other than those.)  *Make sure it's an OVEN SAFE skillet.  You can check that here.* Turn your skillet on a medium high heat. Once oil is heated, place chicken breast and sprinkle seasons evenly on the side showing. 


 Seasoned

After two minutes, (if you have thin breasts like the one pictured, I cut the time down to one minute) flip and season other side. Cook for two minutes again. Then slide pan into your preheated oven for 15 minutes. (Again, this time is for thicker breasts. Pictured breasts cooked for 10 minutes.) No need to flip in the oven. *BE CAREFUL PULLING THE SKILLET OUT, THE HANDLE WILL BE VERY HOT!* I put an oven mitt over the handle to so I remember not to touch it! 

Just pulled from the oven, resting

Let chicken rest for 3-4 minutes. Serve and enjoy! 
It might take making it a couple times to really get it down. All ovens and skillets are different. 
See how juicy and perfect it is?!?!

I hope you enjoy it :) Feel free to share the recipe on Facebook and/or Pinterest if you like it! 
Rachael


No comments:

Post a Comment