Monday, July 15, 2013

Paleo Breakfast Muffins

It's supposed to rain... ALL WEEK. I know we need the rain, but I'm not a huge fan. I don't like being stuck indoors. So this morning, I went out on a bike ride hoping to beat the rain. Then, I got started on prepping food for the week for hubby and I. I didn't have time to do it yesterday (Sunday) which I know makes way more sense :) 
I started with some breakfast muffins. I'm a big fan of the classic blueberry muffin, but since switching to a 90% paleo life, a "normal" muffin is not an option. So here's what I did instead! I hope you enjoy! 


Ingredients:
1/2 C egg whites (you can crack your own eggs or use a pasteurized option)
1 C coconut Flour 
Dash Himalayan salt
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 Tbs almond butter
1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
1/2 C water
1/4 C almond milk
1 Tbs chia seeds*
1 Tbs hemp seeds*
1 Tbs flax seed*
2 Tbs dried fruit, pomegranate pictured*
3 Tbs nuts, sliced almonds pictured*
1/2 C blueberries*

* = optional
Also, I made 12 muffins, 6 of each kind. You'll need to adjust the additions of fruit and nuts for a full batch.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Line muffin tin
3. Mix all ingredients together
4. Divide into muffin liners
5. Bake for 25-30 min.





Mine did not turn out looking like "normal" muffins. But they taste DELICIOUS! :) 

Yields: 12 servings

Pomegranate and Almond: 159 calories
Blueberry: 138




No comments:

Post a Comment