Thursday, July 11, 2013

#idontdietijusteatright

So, this morning I wanted Sonic. I passed one on the way to work and all I could think of was the sausage, egg and cheese burrito I used to to eat (4-5 days a week) and I was drooling! 

As I passed the sonic, I began to think about what I was going to make for breakfast. It's my go-to. Egg whites, turkey sausage, avocado and salsa. NOMNOM!! (Much to my chagrin, I have learned that turkey sausage is not paleo. Looks like my favorite breakfast needs a makeover!) 

Anyhow, it's not that I CAN'T have a burrito from Sonic. I just choose not to. Hubby and I have talked a lot about can't vs. don't. If someone asks if I want pizza, I won't say "I CAN'T have pizza." Instead, "I don't eat pizza." 

So much of our own failures and successes are decided in our own mind. But I'm only talking about food, today :)

My breakfast was 291 calories. Everything was healthy. Protein, healthy fat, vegetable (yes, you can count salsa as a vegetable!) and a big glass of water. 
The Sonic burrito I wanted was 500 calories. And I'm sure I would have added a very unhealthy super sweet coffee drink. That would have added 430 calories. That's almost 1000 calories FOR BREAKFAST! 

I'm pretty sure I made the right decision :) 

It's one decision at a time. I DON'T DIET, I JUST EAT RIGHT! (and I hashtagged it because that's how I post my food on Instagram!)

My yummy breakfast

Make good decisions.  
R

No comments:

Post a Comment