Monday, July 8, 2013

I am Touched

Today I received a text from a friend saying I inspired her. "Thank you for the push", she said. "You're one of a kind." 

A week ago, I received a Facebook message from a friend's sister. "Since I am following you on Instagram and I see all of your posts, I just wanted to let you know that I think you are awesome. You are an inspiration to me! Just when I think about picking up something that isn't good for me I usually check instagram and see one of your posts. I am really trying to turn my life around." 

Another friend commented on my photo documenting a family bike ride. "Rachael you look amazing!! Great job you motivate me every day to go to the gym when I see your posts! Thanks."



A while back, I posted this on my Facebook. I got so many "atta girls" and a few jokes. But I mean it. I am not sorry that I check in at the gym or show off pictures of my food, juices and smoothies. This is important to me. This is my life. 

Learning that I am inspiring people has touched my heart. I cannot express my joy in knowing I have impacted someone's life and fitness/weight loss journey. 
Hubs said to me, "Way to go, baby. Changing the world one life at a time." 

I'm not, by an means, tooting my own horn or patting myself on the back. Truth be told, I do this for me. I document my workouts, check in at the gym and share photos of my meals because I LOVE when people "like" it. I LOVE when people comment and tell me how good my food looks, how undesirable my juices look, make jokes or just cheer me on. I'm not an attention addict, but it fuels my fire. 

So, for people that are annoyed by me: I'm not sorry. I do this for me. And, as it turns out, I AM changing lives. 

G'Day ;) 



6 comments:

  1. I love this! Inspiring others is so not a pride thing, it's a "I love this thing in my life and I love you enough to share it with you!" Well done, little sister, well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you share your fitness journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachael, keep doing what you're doing! You are probably touching more lives than just with exercise! I think you are working to be the best person, mom and wife that you can be; so, don't let anyone tear that down! As far as your drive and determination...nothing surprises me. After all, you are the same person that I interviewed several years ago who said she wanted MY job, lol! Very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete