Tuesday, October 8, 2013

An Uphill Battle

I've been overweight most of my life. I've struggled with my weight as long as I can remember. As I've shared before, I let my struggle become an obsession which led to some dangerous and unhealthy addictions. Confessions of Former Addict: The Scale No Longer Defines Me



Then, I "saw the light." I realized that losing weight wasn't actually my goal. Yes, I'd like to look smoking hot in a dress or wear a bathing suit without humiliation. I'd love to walk into any store and know I'll find something that fits and looks good. BUT, that's not my goal. My goal is to be healthy from the inside out. I want to have a healthy heart more than washboard abs; I want my lungs to be a picture of health more than I want to be the hot girl in pictures; I want to beat my family legacy of diabetes, heart problems, obesity and overall crummy health due to food and exercise choices. THAT is my goal to be in top notch health even if I still have love handles or a double chin.

So, I started eating right, I worked out religiously - I was reaching goals, gaining strength and the pounds were dropping off. But, then my routine got rocked and I quit, I gave up and gained all the weight back. Then, I was introduced to Eliza's Journey Pound by Pound on Facebook, I joined her weight loss challenge in June and I got my groove back. I was eating right and working out again and LOVING it! When October came around, my husband's work schedule changed and with it came some added stress for me. I was emotionally rocked. I stopped working out though I was still eating right. Then I stopped caring too much about my food intake. The pattern was repeating.

Well, this morning I am saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I will not fail to this again. I WILL beat my emotions. Yes, times get tough and yes, I will struggle but I will NOT be overtaken again! I refuse to gain any weight back and I refuse to throw all my hard work in the toilet because I AM TOO IMPORTANT!!

I'll fight the emotions, I'll fight the stress and I WILL WIN!

<3
Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment