Thursday, October 31, 2013

Sunrise Sausage Bake

Hello, I am Kakie, Rachael and Melissa's mommy.  I have always enjoyed cooking and recently have found a new interest in experimenting with recipes.  I'm even canning!  I made this recipe for my hubby and the guys at his work, it went over so well that they even offered to pay me to make it!  Rachael asked us to babysit her Nugget, the boy wonder, last night and I offered to make it for breakfast today.  She liked it enough that she asked me to post it here.  The recipe falls under my family legacy on recipes......looks difficult, but in fact?  Easy, easy, easy!  Enjoy! Oh, FYI, this freezes and reheats extremely well.






Sunrise Sausage Bake
2 cans (12 oz each) evaporated milk
8 large eggs, beaten
1 pound breakfast sausage links, cooked and cut into 1 inch slices
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped red and/or green pepper
2 green onions, thinly sliced
8 cups Italian or French bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
jalapenos, chopped and seeded (amount is to your taste, I used 2 but only the seeds from 1/2 one, the rest                 were seeded)
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Preheat oven 350F, grease 9x13 baking pan

Combine all but the bread until well blended.  Put the bread in the baking pan and then pour the egg mixture over it.

Bake 45 minutes or until set.

-Kakie

No comments:

Post a Comment