Sunday, September 15, 2013

Our Deepest Fear

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
-Marianne Williamson


I am so in love with this. I have heard it only in a movie but I read it about once a month. I may not live this way, but reminding myself that 'we are meant to shine' really gets me through some things. This morning, something was shared that reached out to me and touched my soul. I hope that in reading this, it will grab someone out there by the heart strings and make them smile today. Or give them that boost they need. Or help in some way. 

To my friends and loved ones, I am truly thankful for you. I am blessed to have you in my life and I want you to know that.

Love and prayers to all,
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment