Sunday, September 15, 2013

7 Days

Monday, June 17, 2013: 
I took an at home pregnancy test. It was positive. After eight months of trying and three months of hormone treatments, I was PREGNANT! June 17th was an exciting day :) I made a few phone calls and told a few of my most favorite people. But I didn't tell my husband.

For months, I had been thinking, hoping and praying that we would conceive another child. So, I had already bought Noah a new shirt that said, "Only Child (crossed out)" and underneath that, "Big Brother." I bought him a book about being a big brother. I planned how I would tell hubby. I contacted our family photographer and told her my idea. I wanted to tell him we were doing a "daddy and Nugget" photo shoot, then she would be able to capture the moment hubby found out we were going to have another baby. I am happy to say we pulled it off without a hitch! It was incredible! We laughed, I cried, we hugged and kissed and he rubbed my belly. The photographer caught it all! We had a family shoot with so many plans about how we would share our exciting news! 
Noah delivered the positive, digital home pregnancy test to Michael. My way of telling him ♥

♥♥♥

After trying for a while to become pregnant, I was ELATED. We started talking about names, looking into setting up the nursery, we talked to Noah about being a big brother. We were the picture of a happy, growing family. 

On Monday, June 24, we lost the pregnancy. 

For only seven  days, I was able to enjoy knowing that my body was forming a baby. For only seven days, Michael got to rub my belly and talk about all the plans we have for our family. For only seven days, we got to try to explain to Noah about babies and being a big brother. For seven days, I fell more and more in love with this little life inside me. But for the rest of my life, we'll live with the impact of a single week knowing about the baby inside me. 

Devastation doesn't begin to describe our feelings. But we are healing. The silver lining is that we know I'm capable of getting pregnant. 

So, for now, it's the fun time of trying ;) Wink wink! 



Much Love,
Rachael S.





2 comments: