Sunday, March 2, 2014

Turkey and Veggie "Meatloaf" Muffins

I. HATE. MEATLOAF. 

For real. So when a friend introduced me to "skinny meatloaf muffins", I was skeptic. But now I've been making them for years. I've made a few adjustments and this is what I have found works (and tastes!) the best. :) 


Ingredients: 

1Tbs Minced Garlic
1Tbs Lemon Juice
2 Cups Chopped Spinach
2 Egg Whites
1lb Ground Turkey
1 Chopped Bell Pepper
1Tbs Worcestershire 
Salt & Pepper, to taste
2Tbs Spicy Brown or Dijon Mustard
1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
1 Box Whole Wheat CousCous
1 Medium Shredded Zucchini 
BBQ Sauce or A1 for topping.

Preheat oven to 400°. Grease muffin tin(s).
Place all ingredients into large mixing bowl. I used the seasoning packet with the couscous, the rosemary and garlic. I believe it adds flavor, but it's optional. Now, get your hands dirty! Mix all the ingredients together like you would a traditional meatloaf. 
Fill muffin tins to the top, should make 16 "muffins". 
Bake for 25-30min.
When they come out, top with either bbq sauce or A1.

2 muffins = 1 serving
Each serving is around 200 calories, depending on your adjustments to the recipe and what type of ground turkey you buy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment