Sunday, December 29, 2013

(hashtag) I'm a Runner Ya'll

I was in the hospital a couple weeks ago. I had a surgery, blah blah blah. Maybe one day I'll post about what really happened, but for now, just believe what you've been told (wink wink!) 

 This photo screams "share on a public site" doesn't it?! ;) 


A few times, they mentioned my heart rate being low. - For the sake of this blog, I wish I could remember what the number were, but I was in a heinous amount of pain and could not be bothered with the details. - At the ER, the doctor mentioned it. After being admitted, they mentioned it a couple more times. On my last morning, the nurse said, "hmm. Is your heart rate always low?" I told her that I'd never been told that before but had heard it a few times since getting sick. She immediately said, "oh, you're a runner!" 
GGASSSSPPPP! 
No one looks at me and thinks I'm a runner. I don't have a runners body. I have a lot more fat than your "normal" runner. I don't talk about it much (other than my incessant posts on Facebook about my miles!) because I think people that don't truly know will think I'm a liar. But this woman, this angel just knew! I asked her if it was a bad thing, she explained that my heart is just "conditioned" from all the cardio. Um... WOW! So I found something I love to do, something that challenges me, aids me in weight loss/management AND makes my heart better? Pretty freaking awesome if you ask me :) 

It made me so proud. It built my confidence level. She truly touched my soul. I'm a freakin' runner, ya'll. 

Check this out:

No comments:

Post a Comment