Sunday, August 18, 2013

Do You Like Clint Black?

Do you like Clint Black? 
I sure like Clint Black. 
Don't stop reading if the answer was no. This was just inspired by a song.  


Today, I heard a song I haven't heard in years. Clint Black's (did you guess it already?) "Life Gets Away." This part spoke to me:

"The world keeps on turning
I'm learning to see
Right where I am is where I have to be
You can't count the pages
All ages hear the call
No matter how hard we try

Life gets away from us all" 

It's the chorus. I'm not reaching that far. But the fact that I heard it several times throughout the song, made it hit home with me. 

"NO MATTER HOW HARD WE TRY, LIFE GETS AWAY FROM US ALL."
WOW.
WOW.
So, Clint, what you're saying is that I'm not in control? 
But I'm a control FREAK.  
But, wait... maybe you're right. 
Remember when I was 19 and wanted to be a General Manager of a restaurant by 30? Well, I'm pushing 30. But that dream is gone. 
Did it get away, or was it simply replaced?

I disagree, Mr. Black. I'm not sure it gets away as much as WE get 
away from IT. We choose our own adventures here. 
And I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Some things are about perspective. I COULD have been a GM by 30 and there was a man pushing me, mentoring me, guiding me and supporting me that would have gotten me to the top. But then, my life changed. I met future hubby, I changed my ENTIRE thinking on having kids. (For real, I said I'd NEVER have kids. Then, God said, "let's rethink that one." Enter: FUTURE BABY DADDY.) I decided a restaurant life isn't what I wanted. The hours, the temptations, the lifestyle most restaurant employees lead. It just wasn't for me anymore. So now, I'm a 28 year old stay at home mom that nannies part time and I. LOVE. IT. I can't think of any place I'd rather be. 

I do agree with that part, Clinty. 
"I'm learning to see (that) right where I am is where I have to be." 

So make the most of where you are. 
If you don't like it, change it. 
Life doesn't happen to us, we happen to life. 
The good, the bad AND the ugly all come back on us. 






Hey you, you're beautiful. 
Rachael

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Where did you get all your insights and brains from? Oh, wait, maybe me, because I certainly don't have them anymore. Well maybe not though, that would imply that I had them to start with.

    ReplyDelete