Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Secret to Weight Loss (Part 2)

Check out Part 1 here!

There are several things you need in order to lose weight. Part 2 will touch on the two that I consider the most important: dedication and education.

Anyone can want to lose weight. Anyone can feel fluffy, fat, overweight, chunky, etc. Anyone can lose weight. I truly believe that. I do not believe anyone NEEDS weight loss surgery, to take diet pills, to do anything extreme in order to lose weight. (*disclaimer - I do not judge those that do have surgeries, take pills, etc.) 


Dedication: To me, this is the most important thing you must have in order to get on the right track to losing weight is dedication. You can't just kinda wanna do it, you can't just hop on a treadmill or elliptical machine and expect immediate results. You have to want it, you have to need it and you have to be dedicated to getting results. 


Education: The second most important thing, in my opinion, is education. Too many people just believe what anyone and everyone tells them. "Oatmeal is bad? No, oatmeal is good? I have to put egg whites in it?!" The media and uneducated people believe and want us to believe that there is a set way to do things. Take this pill, eat only lettuce, drink some disgusting concoction that is proven to dehydrate your body! I have, admittedly, tried a few of these things. But, it was only after I educated myself in healthy weight loss, food/calorie intake and exercising that I had success in losing weight and becoming healthy. 



I have lost 40lbs since I first started "trying". That was June 2011. By January 2014, I had only lost 20lbs. January marks the beginning of my education and an extreme difference in my dedication. Since January, I have lost an additional 20lbs. Half of my weight loss was in the past 4 months (I'm writing this in April 2014 - for future reference.) 

I urge you to educate yourself if you're trying to lose weight. There is nothing that will give you immediate AND lasting results. There is no cure, other than whole hearted dedication, for laziness. You have to want it, you have to make it happen. 

That's it for now! Live a healthy and happy life! 

Stay tuned for Part 3!
-Rachael 

No comments:

Post a Comment