Monday, January 13, 2014

A Quick Lesson in Grace

Have you ever had a bad day? Even been offended by someone? Betrayed by someone? Hurt by someone? Well, of course, we all have at one point or another.
Recently, I suffered a terrible day and was deeply hurt by someone I thought to be a friend. I wanted to wallow in the muck of self-pity and hurt feelings. Well, then I was reminded about the one and only thing that can give way for peace in the midst of self-pity and hurt feelings. Forgive the one that betrays, the one that hurts, intentionally or otherwise. I began praying for the person. Immediately the great weight of self-pity was lifted from my heart. Now, I'm not saying that I've forgotten or that my feelings aren't hurt. I believe I have sufficient reason to be hurt, but no one is allowed to steal my joy. Whether this person intentionally hurt me, I don't know. I do know that they did hurt me. But, I also know that what I do with that now, is all my own choice. I choose to pray for that person, to love them anyway. In this, I find my peace, I find that they no longer have the power to break me down.








So, perhaps today, you can say a prayer for someone that's hurt you. Love someone that betrayed you.

God Bless,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment